Las Vegas is known for adult-friendly entertainment, such as gambling. However, Las Vegas caters to people of all ages, making it a fantastic destination for a family getaway. There’s an extensive list of fun family activities in Las Vegas, and many of the most popular resorts on the Strip cater to guests of every age. Let’s explore some of the best family-friendly activities in Vegas.
Is Las Vegas a family-friendly city?
Las Vegas has plenty of family-friendly hotels and excellent public transportation. This combination of amenities is perfect for families visiting the city. When you step off the Monorail or bus in Las Vegas, there are family-friendly restaurants and a wide selection of kid-friendly things to do.
What are the best family activities in Las Vegas?
When searching for things for families to do in Las Vegas, you can easily plan your activities around your interests. Las Vegas has options tailored to families that enjoy everything from museums to shopping and thrill rides.
Whether your family loves the culinary arts or enjoys music or theater, the following are some of the many family-friendly art attractions to check out in Vegas:
- Bellagio Fountains: The Bellagio Fountains are free and use music and lights to create an impressive water show.
- Excalibur Tournament of Kings: Enjoy dinner and a medieval show with the family.
- Hershey’s Chocolate World: The Hershey Company presents a show that entertains while educating guests about how chocolate is made. Guests can also create their own custom chocolate bar.
Some families love spending time outdoors or getting a chance to see marine and land animals up close. The following options are perfect for nature-loving families:
- Downtown Container Park: A container park might not sound like a destination for nature lovers, but this park features an interactive outdoor play area with a treehouse and slide. The Downtown Container Park is also a great shopping destination with several restaurants, so it’s easy to enjoy various activities in one location.
- Flamingo Wildlife Habitat: The Flamingo Wildlife Habitat is free, and it’s home to birds, turtles, and fish. It also hosts Keeper Talks twice daily so guests can learn about the animals.
- Popovich Comedy Pet Theater: Popovich’s show features rescue animals who can deliver an entertaining show for guests.
- Shark Reef: The Shark Reef Aquarium is located at Mandalay Bay and allows you to walk through the aquarium and surround yourself with 2,000 animals. You can even add extras to your visit by paying to feed stingrays or watch a shark feeding.
Some families love activities that spike their adrenaline. The following Vegas attractions are perfect for those thrill-seekers:
- Big Shot: Head to The Strat to ride Big Shot, which starts 921 ft. off the ground and sends passengers shooting up to 1,081 ft.. This option is excellent for thrill-seeking families with school-age children 48” or taller.
- High Roller: This observation wheel reaches heights of 550 ft., giving guests an impressive look at the city.
- Vegas indoor skydiving: Children weighing 40 lbs. or more and those who meet the health requirements can learn how to fly in an indoor wind tunnel.
- Ziplining: The Fremont Street Experience is a fantastic way to see the city. Passengers must weigh 50 lbs. and can choose between a seated zipline or lying face down like a superhero.
What are the most family-friendly things to do in Vegas?
Any number of things to do in Las Vegas for families can include some common kid-friendly activities. You’ll find the following options in Vegas:
- Amusement parks
- Mini golf
There are also attractions tailored to children, such as the Discovery Children’s Museum. Toddler Town gives younger kids a place to burn energy and have fun. In comparison, older kids have multiple ways to spend their time, including exploring a 70-foot tower, playing on a pirate ship, and creating art.
Families with Marvel fans will want to visit Marvel’s Avengers S.T.A.T.I.O.N. in Vegas. Visitors get a chance to see famous sites from Avengers’ stories and some of the weapons used by the Avengers.
Other things to do near Las Vegas
Let Las Vegas be your home base while you explore all Nevada offers. Lake Mead has a beautiful recreation area perfect for families, and your whole family can enjoy a tour of the Hoover Dam. Both locations are close to the city, so you won’t spend much time in transit and will get to see natural and man-made wonders.
Visiting the Grand Canyon is a fantastic way to experience natural wonders in and near Nevada. Book your Grand Canyon helicopter tour to explore one of the world’s most famous and impressive natural sights.
Big Shot. (2023).
Moore, M. (2023). 16 Las Vegas Hotels that Work for Families.
The Flamingo Wildlife Habitat. (2023).