With Labor Day just around the corner, you may be looking for fun things to do. While Las Vegas is the ideal destination for an exciting weekend getaway, Labor Day is one of the best times to visit the city. September marks the end of the summer season, so there are plenty of Labor Day options that are perfect for your vacation. Here are the best things to do in Las Vegas Labor Day weekend.
1. Enjoy the Las Vegas nightlife scene
Wondering what to do in Vegas in September? This month is the perfect time to enjoy epic pool parties and nightclubs hosted by the biggest resorts on the Las Vegas Strip. Here are a few to consider:
JEWEL Nightclub at ARIA Resort & Casino
JEWEL Nightclub at ARIA is hosting major artists and DJs this year, including:
- Friday, September 1 – Lil Jon
- Saturday, September 2 – Bia
- Monday, September 4 (Labor Day) – DJ Pauly D
XS Nightclub at Wynn Las Vegas
Be sure to get on the guestlist at XS Nightclub if you want to dance the night away with these shows:
- Friday, September 1 – The Chainsmokers
- Saturday, September 2 – Calvin Harris
- Sunday, September 3 – Diplo
Omnia Nightclub at Caesars Palace
Omnia continues to be one of the most popular nightclubs in Las Vegas. This Labor Day weekend, you can enjoy sets by these artists:
- Friday, September – Above & Beyond
- Saturday, September – ILLENIUM
- Sunday, September – Steve Aoki
Ayu Dayclub at Resorts World Las Vegas
Check out the newest pool party on the Strip at Ayu Dayclub at Resorts World this Labor Day weekend, featuring performances by:
- Friday, September 1 – Nervo
- Saturday, September 2 – Tiesto
- Sunday, September 3 – PartyNextDoor
2. Book a Grand Canyon helicopter tour
If you feel like getting away from the noise and crowds on the Strip this Las Vegas holiday weekend, you can explore the stunning natural landscape of the area. The Grand Canyon is close enough to Las Vegas to enjoy a day tour and be back in your hotel room that night.
The Grand Canyon offers breathtaking views of the massive rock formation formed millions of years ago. The Canyon goes as deep as one mile in some areas and stretches for 270 miles. Choose between a Grand Canyon West Rim or South Rim tour, or book a Grand Canyon helicopter tour from Las Vegas with Gray Line!
3. Catch a show on the Las Vegas Strip
One of the best Las Vegas weekend things to do is to enjoy live entertainment. In true Sin City fashion, you can take your pick of live shows, comedy performances, and concerts that boast the best production, sound, and visuals in the industry.
Some shows in Las Vegas this Labor Day weekend include:
- Adele – September 1 and 2 at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace
- Drake – September 1 and 2 at T-Mobile Arena
- Weezer and White Reaper – September 1 at Bakkt Theater at Planet Hollywood
- Luke Bryan – September 2 and 3 at Resorts World Theatre
- Tom Segura – September 1 at The Chelsea at The Cosmopolitan
- George Lopez – September 1 at The Mirage Theater at Mirage Las Vegas
4. Take a Las Vegas food tour
Las Vegas is also well-known for its vibrant culinary scene. If you’re a foodie and want to get the most out of your trip, consider booking a Las Vegas food tour that will take you to some of the best restaurants in the city. You’ll have a chance to sample dishes by celebrity chefs, up-and-coming local chefs, as well as the best of Las Vegas street food.
5. Check out Lake Mead and Hoover Dam
If you’re looking for a quick tour to get you out of the city for a few hours, Gray Line offers day tours from Las Vegas to Hoover Dam and Lake Mead. Just a quick drive from the Las Vegas Strip, you’ll have a chance to explore Hoover Dam, its history, and how it works with an engaging guided tour.
Then, visit the desert oasis that is Lake Mead, where Las Vegas locals enjoy boating, swimming, and water sports.
Tips for Labor Day weekend in Las Vegas
While there is a lot of fun to be had in Sin City, keep a few things in mind to stay safe and make the most of your trip. As you enjoy Labor Day weekend things to do in Las Vegas, remember that:
- September can be very hot in Las Vegas! Drink plenty of water, wear sunscreen, and pack light clothing.
- Labor Day is one of the busiest weekends in Las Vegas. Plan ahead to ensure you enjoy the activities you want before they are booked.
- You may save money by booking package deals or finding group discounts. For example, look for packages that include travel arrangements, accommodations, and tours from Las Vegas.
Book your tour with Gray Line today!
As you plan your Las Vegas vacation, check out tour packages from Gray Line for an unforgettable experience. We can pick you up directly from your Las Vegas hotel, so all you have to do is relax, take in the stunning views, and enjoy your time with your friends and family. Book your tour online today!