All the glitz, glamor, bright lights, and sounds of Vegas casinos can be overwhelming for first-time gamblers. There are also card tables, roulette tables, and craps tables where you can try your luck. However, taking some time and checking out our guide to Las Vegas gambling will give you an overview of all the different games you will find and how not to go broke.
Book a tour of Lake Mead and Hoover Dam today
Las Vegas gambling for beginners: The games
Las Vegas gambling for beginners includes learning about the different types of games. You do not have to play every one when visiting Vegas. Rather, pick a few that sound the most appealing to you. Then spend time learning the rules for those games.
The types of gambling games you will encounter include:
- Slots: These are by far the most popular game in Vegas, and most casinos offer hundreds of slots with various themes, bonuses, and jackpots
- Poker: A classic card game resulting in the winner being crowned based on their combination of luck and skill. Those familiar with poker can join at some tables with variations such as Texas Holdem, 7 Card Studs, and Omaha Hi-Lo.
- Blackjack: Blackjack is one of the most popular table games in Las Vegas because it offers players good odds for winning and low stakes for betting. The objective is to beat the dealer’s hands without going over 21 with your cards.
- Roulette: This is another classic casino game where you can bet on red, black, or a specific number or group of numbers and then spin a wheel to determine whether you win or lose
- Craps: A dice game played with two dice on a special craps table involving wagering against other players or against the house itself, where gambling “odds” will pay out depending on how many points rolled up by each roll
- Bingo: A popular game where players buy their cards before each game and use them to match numbers called during the game
What is the best way to gamble with $100?
The best way to gamble with $100 in Vegas is to look for low-stakes games that offer good odds of winning. Slots are always popular. However, players looking for better odds should try their hand at blackjack or poker, as these can provide a greater return if the right strategy is employed.
Playing table games such as roulette and craps can be fun and potentially lucrative if you win big enough. It’s equally important to remember never to chase your losses or bet money you can’t afford to lose.
What is the best gambling for beginners?
One of the best Las Vegas gambling games for beginners is slots. Other games that are fairly easy to learn are bingo, roulette, craps, and blackjack.
What are the easiest games for beginners to win in Vegas?
The easiest games for beginners to win in Vegas are those with the least amount of complexity, such as slot machines and bingo. As these games rely more heavily on luck than skill and strategy, you can profit even if you don’t have much experience gambling. However, other easy-to-learn table games like blackjack or roulette can offer good returns if the right betting choices are made.
What are some great tips for Las Vegas gambling for beginners?
- Set a budget: Before you even get to the casino, decide exactly how much money you are willing to risk and stay within that limit no matter what
- Avoid gambling your winnings: You should keep your winnings separate from your budgeted gambling money. Take the time to set aside some or most of your winnings instead of gambling it away.
- Know the odds: Different games have different odds of winning, so look into some strategies for each game before diving in head-first
- Get a Player’s Card: Each casino has a free player’s card you should get to earn rewards based on the amount you gamble
- Play with cash: Playing with cash rather than cards or credit can help avoid overspending as it is easier to keep track of how much you’re gambling away. For the casinos that use game cards, pre-load your budgeted amount onto the card, and once that is gone, stop.
- Read up online: Plenty of websites provide great tips and tricks for beginners new to casino gambling. Many will give step-by-step instructions on playing certain games and advice on managing your bankroll effectively.
- Take breaks: Gambling can be stressful and tiring, so don’t forget to take breaks throughout the day in order to enjoy all the other activities and attractions Vegas has to offer, like booking your Grand Canyon helicopter tour
What are other fun things to do in Vegas besides gambling?
Vegas offers all sorts of fun things to do outside the casinos, such as:
- Concerts and Broadway-style shows
- Lake Mead and Hoover Dam sightseeing tours
- Helicopter tours
- Double-decker day tour of the Strip
- High Roller and ziplines
- The STRAT Tower
- Pool parties
- Desert ATV tours
It is easy to find exciting things outside the casinos with sightseeing tours through Gray Line Las Vegas.
Book a Grand Canyon helicopter tour today
Myers, S. (2023). How to Play Roulette for Beginners.
Myers, S. (2023). How to Play Slots for Beginners.