Whether you are a first-time visitor to Las Vegas or a frequent vacationer, there are plenty of exciting things to do in Las Vegas. We have compiled this ultimate Las Vegas bucket list featuring some of the best things to do in Las Vegas to help you decide what to do on your upcoming visit.
- The Welcome to Las Vegas Sign: One of the most iconic images in the world, the Welcome to Las Vegas Sign is a must-see.
- The Bellagio Fountains: This iconic attraction perfectly combines music, light, and water choreography. Check the schedule to get the best view of the fountain show.
- The Neon Sign Museum: Get the ultimate Vegas experience with 6,000 square feet of vintage signs from bygone eras. Nothing is more quintessentially Las Vegas than these.
- Attend a Cirque du Soleil show: The perfect way to spend a night in Vegas is to experience a world-class performance from the masters of Cirque acts.
- The Volcano at the Mirage: Enjoy a fiery show from the comfort of the Strip. No trip to Vegas would be complete without it.
- Take a stroll down the Strip: Another must-do is walking the length of the Strip. Check out the sights, sounds, and revelers along the way.
- The Mob Museum: Take a step back in time, and explore the fascinating history of organized crime in Vegas. A must-see for history buffs.
- The High Roller: Enjoy the views of the Strip from 550 feet in the air. Best visited at night for even more beautiful scenery.
- The Luxor Sky Beam: The Luxor Sky Beam can be seen for miles at night, so take a selfie with it to complete your Vegas experience.
- The Fountain Show at Caesars Palace: This mesmerizing water show is a must-see. Best visited at night for a more impressive display.
- The VooDoo Zipline: One crazy thing to do in Vegas is to get a birds-eye view of the Strip from atop the Rio.
- Eiffel Tower Restaurant: Get a 360-degree view of the Strip with a unique dining experience at the Eiffel Tower Restaurant.
- Lake Mead: Lake Mead offers kayaking, fishing, and boat tours.
- Hoover Dam: One of the most iconic engineering marvels of the 20th century is less than an hour away.
- Take a Helicopter Tour: Soar above the Strip or venture over to the Grand Canyon for a unique perspective and the perfect photo opportunity.
What are the seven wonders in Vegas?
The seven wonders of Las Vegas are widely considered to be some of the most spectacular attractions in the city. They represent the incredible feats of architecture, engineering, urban planning, and design that make Vegas unique and include:
- The Bellagio Fountains
- The Eiffel Tower Replica
- The Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas Sign
- The Mirage Volcano
- The Luxor Sky Beam
- The High Roller Observation Wheel
- The Fountain Show at Caesars Palace
How many days should a Vegas trip be?
It depends on the individual traveler and the type of experience they are looking for. Most people looking to experience all the sights, sounds, and awesome things to do in Vegas will want to plan on about four to five days.
This amount of time will give someone enough time to fully take in everything Vegas offers while allowing for a few days of sightseeing or relaxation. Six or seven days is better for those looking for a more relaxed vacation since you will have more time to do things at your own pace.
How to have the best Las Vegas experience?
- Choose a few things you want to experience. Pick a couple of areas you want to concentrate on, such as sightseeing, gambling, or nightlife.
- Book your hotel as early as possible. It’s a good idea to research reviews and ratings to ensure you get the best hotel for your budget.
- Try some iconic Las Vegas restaurants. From upscale haute cuisine to the classic all-you-can-eat buffet, there are a plethora of dining options.
- Plan some daytime fun. Take advantage of the beautiful desert landscape, plan a day trip to the Grand Canyon, visit Lake Mead and Hoover Dam, or experience nature at Red Rock Canyon.
- Don’t miss out on the nightlife. Test your luck at one of Vegas’s many casinos, take in a show, see the free lights shows at the Fremont Street Experience, or soak up the music and energy of the dance clubs.
- Remember to take a break and relax. Take some time to relax, whether that means visiting a spa or lounging by the pool. You won’t regret it.
How far is the Grand Canyon from Las Vegas?
The Grand Canyon is approximately 270 miles from the Las Vegas Strip. A drive from the Strip to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon would take approximately 4.5 hours. The fastest and easiest way to get there is with an exciting and breathtaking Grand Canyon helicopter tour. The average flight time from Vegas to the Grand Canyon is about 45 minutes, giving you more time to explore and enjoy this national park.
Book your Grand Canyon helicopter tour at Gray Line Las Vegas today. We also offer a variety of other tours to enjoy, such as Hoover Dam and Lake Mead and our popular double-decker day tours of the Strip.